[Tongue in cheek. There’s no World Cup on today so I made this. Please don’t take this too seriously.]
A SAN is like a carousel
- It provides capacity (just like a carousel) and performance (when the carousel goes around).
- People ride on static horses bolted to the carousel and try to enjoy the ride.
- This horse is like a LUN. The horse does not know who is riding it.
- Everybody travels at the same speed unless you happen to sit on the outside where things go a little bit faster.
- The speed is relative to how fast the carousel rotates and how quickly you can get to an outside seat (if you want that extra speed and wind through your hair).
- If you want to guarantee an outside seat, you can get to the front of the queue by having a FastPass+.
- Get a bigger motor, or increase the speed, the carousel…
View original post 168 more words
One thought on “Virtual Volumes – Explained with Carousels, Horses and Unicorns – in pictures”
Hi thankks for posting this