Following the previous post where I described how to install Container Service Extension 3.0.4 into Photon OS 3. This post introduces an automated method of the same thing using a bash script.
You can find the details on my github account under the repository named cse.
Ensure you review the README.MD and read the comments in the script too.
- Deploy Photon OVA into vSphere
- Assign VM a hostname and static IP
- Ensure it can reach the Internet
- Ensure it can also reach VCD on TCP 443 and vCenter servers registered in VCD on TCP 443.
- SSH into the Photon VM
- Note that my environment has CA signed SSL certs and the script has been tested against this environment. I have not tested the script in environments with self-signed certificates.
Download cse-install.sh script to Photon VM
# Download the script to the Photon VM curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hugopow/cse/main/cse-install.sh --output cse-install.sh # Make script executable chmod +x cse-install.sh
Change the cse-install.sh script
Make sure you change passwords, CA SSL certificates and environment variables to suit your environment.
Launch the script, sit back and relax
# Run as root sh cse-install.sh