This post is an update to enable the automated installation of Container Service Extension to version 3.1.2, the script is also updated for better efficiency.
You can find the details on my github account under the repository named cse-automated.
Ensure you review the README.MD and read the comments in the script too.
- Deploy Photon OVA into vSphere, 2 VCPUs, 4GB RAM is more than enough
- Assign VM a hostname and static IP
- Ensure it can reach the Internet
- Ensure it can also reach VCD on TCP 443 and vCenter servers registered in VCD on TCP 443.
- SSH into the Photon VM
- Note that my environment has CA signed SSL certs and the script has been tested against this environment. I have not tested the script in environments with self-signed certificates.
Download cse-install.sh script to Photon VM
# Download the script to the Photon VM curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hugopow/cse-automated/main/cse-install.sh --output cse-install.sh # Make script executable chmod +x cse-install.sh
Change the cse-install.sh script
Make sure you change passwords, CA SSL certificates and environment variables to suit your environment.
Launch the script, sit back and relax
# Run as root sh cse-install.sh
Old video of CSE 3.0.4 automated install, but still the same process.