USX 2.1 is now available and has some minor improvements over previous versions. There are some major milestones and some minor improvements that are part of this release.
- VMware support for USX on the VMware HCL, the VMware KB is in this link.
- VMware support for Atlantis NAS VAAI Plugin, the VMware Compatibility Guide for USX is in this link.
- The Atlantis NAS VAAI Plugin is now officially supported as VMwareAccepted: VIBs with this acceptance level go through verification testing, but the tests do not fully test every function of the software. The partner runs the tests and VMware verifies the result. Today, CIM providers and PSA plugins are among the VIBs published at this level. VMware directs support calls for VIBs with this acceptance level to the partner’s support organization.
- Atlantis NAS VAAI Plugin can now be installed using VMware Update Manager.
- Added Incremental Backups for SnapClones for Simple Volumes (VDI use cases).
- Added Session Timeout – A new preference was added so that you can configure the number of minutes that a session can be idle before it is terminated.
- Added vCenter hierarchy view for Mount and Unmount of Volumes.
- Added new Volume Dashboard that shows availability & status reporting improvements, including colour codes for various conditions, all of which roll up to an redesigned volume dashboard that provides an overview of a volume’s configuration, resource use, and health
- Improved Status Updates.
- Added Active Directory and LDAP Authentication to USX Manager.
- Added option to have one node failure for USX clusters of up to 5 nodes. Previously this was up to 4 nodes.
- REST API to support changing the USX database server.